Parents/guardians are requested to fully acquaint themselves with the criteria and procedure for admissions. The parents admitting the child/children will deem to have agreed to abide by this criteria and procedure. Cambridge A Level 1 st year examinations are usually taken at the age 17years and Cambridge A-Level 2nd year examinations at age 18years.
A minimum of 9 passes i.e. 5 compulsories and 4 optional subjects is required in ‘O’ levels examinations to be eligible for admissions into the A Level programme.
All prospective students seeking admission are required to fill “Application Form” to register themselves, however, registration does not guarantee admission which is subject to the candidate’s clearing ‘Admission interview as per the School admission policy and rules. Moreover, the external prospective students must obtain a school leaving certificate or the progress and promotion report along with 2 recommendations from their teachers and Principal’s confidential report from the previous school to be eligible for admission.
All parents/guardians responsible for guaranteeing payment of School Fees will read and sign an
undertaking for compliance with the School’s rules and policies as outlined in the Admission File. The
School reserves the right to revise and make alterations to its rules and Policies at any point in time
WITHOUT further notice
Admission Pack at the time of admission Includes
Student Admission Form
New Admission Identity Form.
Notes of Guidance for Parents/Guardian
Parent /Guardian Undertaking– duly completed, signed and submitted with the following documents;
- Photocopy of School report card(s)Classes IX-X and XI for external user only
- CNIC of Parents (External Candidates only)
- Recent Passport Size Photographs (quantity 16)
- Family Photograph Post Card Size
- School Leaving Certificate Original
If Students have already taken ‘O’ Levels from Saint Michael’s Convent School then they will find many of the Academic skills they have already learnt relevant and beneficial to AS Level Study at Saint Michael’s Convent School
For more details on ‘Admission criteria please ask the admissions advisor by calling on +92 21 35868501 or by visiting the school website
Payment of Fees
On acceptance, the student is issued a ‘Fee Bill’. Fees are payable in Pak Rupees for the full academic year or 12 calendar months (including June to August period)
Fee booklet for the year is issued. The Fees are payable in advance on a Bi monthly basis through the
specified branches of a local bank. In view of constant inflationary pressures, the fees are subject to review from time to time. Bi Monthly pattern as under
1 st Bi Monthly: September -October
2 nd Bi Monthly: November December
3 rd Bi Monthly: January February
4 th Bi Monthly: March April
5 th Bi Monthly: May June
6 th Bi Monthly: July August
All fees are non-refundable. Even if the student leave’s during the year, fees will be charged for the whole academic year starting September to August
Fees for commerce and Science disciplines vary. Students are allowed to choose any three main subjects besides General. For additional subject’s extra charges will be levied as given in the fee structure.
Fee Bills are normally issued with a “DUE DATE” of 1 month. After the expiry of “DUE DATE” the Fee
Bill can be deposited with the late fee fine of 500 Rupees.
Students whose fees remain payable after expiry of ‘DUE DATE’ are issued periodic reminders and
ultimately the ‘Final’ reminder’, thereafter which the student’s name will be struck off the school roll.
Parents/Guardians defaulting on fees payment, run the risk of making their children/wards liable to being struck off the school roll. The security deposit of students is adjusted against their unpaid Tuition and Fee balance. In such cases, re-admission is subject to vacancy and repayment of both the admission fee and security deposit at the prevailing rates.
The following fees are payable at the time of admission:
- Admission Fee
- Development Charges
- Tuition Fee Payable One Month
- Annual Charges 1/12
- Internal Examination
University of Cambridge CIE Students shall pay for University of Cambridge CIE Registration Fee and charges to Saint Michael’s Convent School, which is paid directly to the British Council Pakistan by the Saint Michael’s Convent School.
For more details on ‘Fees Structure please ask the Fees Office by calling on +92 21 35868501 between 09:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Rules Pertaining to Request for School Leaving Certificate
If parents/guardians wish to withdraw their child from the school, ‘Request for School Leaving Certificate Form must be filled, signed and submitted to the School Office. Parents need to submit the Request for School Leaving Certificate Form The request shall be processed by the Head Office which may take a minimum of 7 working days from the date of application, subject to clearance of Tuition and Fees as per the School policy.
If a student has not attended the school for a period of a month, unless arrangements for such an absence have been agreed with the Administration in writing by the parent/guardian
student fees have remained unpaid for two consecutive months
For students leaving mid-way, balance payment of tuition fee is not refundable. No refunds for any
payments will be made if student is suspended on disciplinary grounds, and parent or guardian will be liable for paying up for any damages caused to the School property as per the student disciplinary procedure and/or as determined by the School management and shall not be required to give any notice before;
Refund of School Tuition & Fees
Tuition & Fees once paid by the parent/guardian is non-refundable in any circumstances, whatsoever, except the security deposit as per the School fee policy.
Scholarship Policy for A Level’s 1 st year and 2 nd year (Monthly Tuition Fee Only)
- Full scholarship is awarded to a student securing 10 A’s in ‘O’ level
- 70% is awarded to a student securing 9 A’s in ‘O’ level
- 50% is awarded to a student securing 8 A’s in ‘O’ level
- 30% is awarded to a student securing 7 A’s in ‘O’ level
- 25% is awarded to a student securing 6 A’s in ‘O’ level
- 25% is awarded to a student on Sports Basis
Students are responsible for the apparatus being used by them in the laboratory. Any Apparatus missing or broken after the practical, will be the sole responsibility of the class or student who will have to restore the damage by paying the cost of the apparatus. The decision of the Principal will be final.
The Library will be open till 03:00 p.m. on all school days and till 1:30 p.m. on Saturdays, summer holidays and winter vacations except public holidays and other holidays as notified by the Government from time to time. Students avail this facility.
- Books must be returned by the due date. If the book is required for a longer period it must be produced and the librarian will extend the period if it is not required by someone else.
- Damage to a book will be penalized with a fine amounting to the cost of the book, or replacement.
The decision of the librarian and/or the Principal will be final
- Students are forbidden to write any remarks in a book or to underline words. Any mutilation or scribbling will be penalized with a fine as may be imposed by the librarian and/or the Principal
- School academic year commences in September/ August each year
- Fee is payable for full calendar year or 12 months. (Which Includes Jun-Aug period)
- Admission is subject to your acceptance of our terms and conditions as per the ‘Admission Form Pack, signed and submitted thereof.
- All details regarding registration/admission will be given out by the school individually.
- The school does not have any responsibility on account of postal delays or consequences thereof.
- The school reserves all rights of review and increase in the registration, tuition fee and all other fees, changes and deposits ancillary thereto without prior notice or consent of the parents.
- No concession will be given to the students on account of the fact that their siblings (irrespective of the number) already enrolled in the school. School does not offer any sibling discounts.
- The school reserves the right to accept or refuse registration or admission without assigning any reason or notice thereof.